India is home to a number of exotic honeymoon destinations. From serene high land hidey-holes, magical desert sceneries, comforting beaches, adrenaline-charged jungles, royal palaces to the ever romantic Taj Mahal each one of these spots are worth a honeymoon stay. Furthermore, the tourism department has set up luxurious hotels offering pocket friendly packages in all these locals.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Surrounded by rare corals and underwater sea life, these islands are an exotic honeymoon spot. Mount Harriet, Viper Island, Ross Island and Jolly boy Islands are some of the exquisite locations waiting to be explored by an adventure loving couple. Most of these islands offer adrenaline pumping water sport activities like scuba diving, snorkeling, water scooter riding etc. Indian honeymoon twosomes can book their stay in resorts to enjoy the privacy of the beaches adjoining them and gorge onto some mouthwatering local delicacies as well.
- Srinagar: Enjoying the chill of Kashmir’s air in the arms of one’s beloved can stay etched onto the memories of honeymoon couples forever. The ‘Shikara’ house boats wading across crystal clear waters of the Dal Lake offer ample view of the snowcapped Himalayas in a comfy setup. The scenery is mesmerizing enough to keep couples glued to the paradise on earth. Natural beauty is at its peak right here, making Kashmir the perfect honeymoon destination at any time of the year.
- Agra: The elegant Taj Mahal forms the crown jewel of this location alongside many other spots of historical importance. One can never miss the Humayun’s tomb and Agra Fort while visiting the city. Several star rated hotels are spread across the city that offers Mughal themed honeymoon suites for newlyweds.
- Shimla: An exquisite hill station, Shimla is actually a very quixotic locale. Picturesque sceneries, winding roads and endless valleys are waiting to be admired by the lovers’ eyes. Exotic flowers both hybrid and wild crowd the precincts. Couples can indulge into ice skating and some naughty snow fight too!
- Goa: The land of Sun, Sand and Sea is not just a beach city, but is also the party hot-spot of entire India. Couples can sip on delicious cocktails while grooving to electric beats on the beautiful beaches. Exotic multi-cuisine food, neat and tidy beaches and lush greenery cordially welcome honeymooners into the bosom of Goa.
- Kerala: Splendid backwaters and lush green vegetation forms the heart of ‘Gods own Country’. Ayurveda is widely practiced here and honeymoon couples can have a relaxing spa time in one of the many spas across the state. Lucid lakes, rippling streams and a helping of pure coconut water on the Kovalam beach offers matchless contentment to any couple visiting this place.
- Ooty: Set amidst the romantic Nilgiri Hills, Ooty is a wonderful getaway from the harsh Indian summers deep down south. Twosomes can laze around in the tea estates, stroll hand in hand on the misty hills and take a trip in the exquisite British gardens and go boating in the clean lakes.
- Ranthambore: Couples who want to start their lives adventurously can actually drop by the Ranthambore National Park. The wilderness offers an exciting stay with wild animals strolling by! Romance will reach a different level altogether right here at Ranthambore.
Apart from these 8 destinations, there are many other honeymoon spots in India. But these few made into the top 8 list because of the unique experiences each of them have in offer. Visit one of these places and create an enjoyable honeymoon experience.
Damini Berry, An expert content writer published many articles on the web regarding honeymoon destinations, wedding planning guide, bridal makeup tips, health tips and much more. Currently describing views about best honeymoon destination in India.